Things I know to be true
• Desperation is never attractive. Showing a trace of weakness is okay, on occasion. Don’t let yourself be vulnerable. Don’t let yourself sink into desperation and hopelessness with your emotions. Even though many people do, and it’s glamorized in film and music, the person at the receiving end of that attention will turn away. It’s too much pressure. People can barely handle their own feelings, let alone someone else’s. People intrinsically are drawn to those who can stand comfortably alone, in their own skin. Never need anyone, choose who you want.
• Sleep is never overrated, but it can easily be overdone.
• If you put yourself out there, you will be let down and disappointed, that is not contestable. However, you will never experience the good if you don’t learn from the negative experiences and move forward.
• Sometimes, it’s important to wallow and let the melancholy take ahold of your soul. It is an amazing and beautiful, artistic place. Without it, there is no appreciation for the jubilant times. It’s a great place to visit, but a horrible hell to reside. Never stay for too long; it will destroy you.
• Society is wrong. To feel isolation and dissonance with reality is perfectly normal, though we are constantly left to believe it’s not. The flaw is in these guidelines and rules. Believe in the power of the individual, not the group. Trust yourself and your instincts. In the end, only you can let yourself be truly happy.
• Living in the dark never works, as romantic, mysterious, and alluring as it may be. It only leads to self destruction. To be dark is to be interesting, but sometimes it far more important to be happier than more complicated or experienced. There is nothing wrong with wanting what everyone else wants.